The BookTube-A-Thon is now over and it was such a wonderful week!
I love seeing everybody reunited for the same reason, we’re all cheering each over and we’re just here for the fun!
I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting much from me because I’ve been on a reading slump since April/May. But guess what? I read nine books this week! NINE! I even started another but read only ~50 pages. Obviously, I was able to complete all the reading challenges and didn’t participate to any challenges on Instagram/YouTube/Twitter!
Once again, I didn’t follow my TBR so here’s what I read instead:
1. Read a book with a person on the cover. For this one I read The Bad Beginning, the first volume of A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.
2. Read a hyped book. I read Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. I just keep seeing this poetry book EVERYWHERE.
3. Finish a book in one day. This stands for every book I read haha.
4. Read about a character that is very different from you. I first wanted to read Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo for this one but I just read the beginning so I went with The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events #2) by Lemony Snicket.
5. Finish a book completely outdoors. This was so hard because the day I decided to read outside was the only day of the week when it was cold outside haha. Anyway, I read Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie entirely outside!
6. Read a book you bought because of the cover. I read Peter Darling by Austin Chant for this one. I have to admit, I didn’t buy this book only for the cover BUT I bought a physical copy because the cover was so stunning.
7. Read seven books. Well, I’m going to go with my TBR and say One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
The other books I read were:
– The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3) by Lemony Snicket
– Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
– Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
Did you also participate to this read-a-thon? If so, how many books did you read? Let me know in the comments below!